Sunday, August 17, 2008

The beauty of a shitty week

Rapping up this week, I've noticed I had some shitty days, apart from a few things nothing serious, just shitty.
Living outside of the city (Ghent) is a pain in the ass, defenetly when you have to ride 30 min. each day to get to the city or to work (in the city). Living on the countryside has however some good parts too. Behind my house you can find a field full of young pine trees, which is pretty awesome looking at it when the sun sets...

As I was saying, riding to and from the city... pretty shitty, defenetly when you just had a real shitty day behind you. But in a rare case of events, you catch a glimp of something so beautiful and staggering which makes it all worth while.. and keeps you going...

When i was driving home after a late shift this week, I think it was the night of the 13 th, I was looking up to the sky just for a few seconds when i had the luck to spot a shooting star. How corny it may sound, I love shooting stars, it's something beyond our reach so far away and only viewable with the naked eye for a few seconds. This might be the most normal thing to you or who ever that is reading this, to me it meant so much more, it made me forget about the long day of work, put it all behind me, it made my fucking day!
I was happy I saw at least 1 shooting star, knowing that in the night of the 11th - 12 th - 13th of august there was the Perseïds rain, once a year, and the 2 nights before it was cloudy so no stars to be seen...

Thinking I've seen all the beauty of nature for one week, the next night whilst I was driving home I was listening to Amenra (get into this band!) or better said yet overwhelmd by their songs I cannot even comprehend. Taking my usual shortcut through the cornfields of my town I noticed their was a low bank of fog hanging over a field where I know a horse runs around these days, thinking he must've been sleeping in the stables or in the field because it was about 2 in the morning when I was driving home, all of the sudden whilst passing the field through the fog enlightend by the full moon you could see a dark shadow of a horse running around like crazy...

Taking all these together, amenra going through my head, the fog causing bad sight, the moonlight making it all so surreal, even though the horse was going so fast, all this was kind of happening in slow motion ... it was one of the weirdest craziest most beautiful things I've ever seen, and probably won't forget overnight.

The next day I took the same road to get to Ghent, and there was the horse, staring at me while I was staring at him until I disappeared along the curved road into the cornfields..

No comments: