Monday, April 19, 2010

Yo' momma's so fat, when she was cremated all flights in Europe got cancelled!


As of late, I'm finding my way through out hiphop music, some of the older stuff, that was released in the nineties/beginning of 2000. While cleaning Bruno's house whilst he was moving we found an impressive amount of old hip hop vinyl collecting dust. This has put me on track in digging some stuff up and playing some cool tunes.

The past 2 weeks I've had Easter holidays off from school and been pretty much working all the freaking time, but it's been good none the less. We had sunny days for 2 weeks so I'm not complaining.

Went on a roadtrip to the Roman-Gaul museum with these fuckers:


Needless to say we had a awesome time hanging out, really looking forward to do some crazy shit with them again.

Last Monday we also had the Swedisch band EF playing. They have been on tour before with Red Sparrows, so if you're down with that you'll like them. EF has taken me by suprise by filling I think 75 minutes or longer with some very original music- and instruments and yet I kept interested.. Currently still on tour in Europe so catch them somewhere if you can, dates are on the myspace which is linked above!
The thing about that day that was pretty funny was the fact the band was staying over at my place. They arrived around 2.15 pm and without me or them knowing the store around the corner was robbed, where after the employees were able to follow the robber, who ran into our street. Since the band was almost loading out I left the door open. (supposedly he ran into our house and ran across the roof..) Before we knew it there were 4 patrolcars stopping in the street having us as possible suspects. To make a long story short, we had our house fully searched since they thought he ran into our house and were later no longer suspected of sheltering or being the dude who did it, since we weren't wearing and make-up and carrying a large butchers knive, I suppose it was pretty clear we weren't hahaha. so yeah another day on the block.

Other days were spent roaming and riding the streets, 'urban' exploring if you will, cause really, I've been hanging around Ghent for a few years now but there's some places that are yet to be discovered by me...








So apart from what's been up here, let's take a look at the world.
Despite the fact I realize a lot of people are so bummed about this and the economy is losing fortunes every day, it's pretty funny how some volcano no one has ever heard of is capable of causing so many chaos in Western Europe and in some other parts of the world.
Maybe you don't find it funny at all, perhaps my mate Micha doesn't find it funny cause he's stuck in Moscow for an unknown amount of time or it doesn't matter to him for all I know. I in some way don't find it funny that my collegues are stuck overseas on holidays so I now have to fill in for them.

The fact is that we members of the human race consider ourselves supreme to every other known species living on this planet, but time has shown us and will continue to do so, we can not get a grip on our planet.
We may try to contribute in doing our little part to save this world from total fucking destruction, but we are still guided by the Earth we live on, not the other way around.
So yes, I think it's funny, that some ash cloud all those miles away is able to put all air traffic to a halt in Western Europe, and we as a people are left motionless, not able to do a single thing about it.


It's a long way down

family resemblance

you eyeballin' me SON?!

on the EDGE

She'll hate me for putting this up but i love how the pictured turned out, and i like the painting in the background


wankers






I'm so happy and proud to say that my buddy 'Pidgeon'-Niels- Legit brother of brother-from-another-mother Ebert became a dad last week and I know he and Mitze will do AWESOME as parents. Otis is one lucky kid :)




I fell in love with this song a long time ago, when I was still riding bmx, this song was set as part of the soundtrack of some Road Fools movie I think. Whenever I hear this, it's weird I feel a different person for those 2 and a bit minutes



I found this record at Bruno's place, I'm telling you this is the shi-it!
I know nothing about hiphop but I know what I like and not, and this feel like it should be, everything clicks



oh yeah, check out Trash Talk's new song. something different but still raging, I think Lee's actually singing..



here's to you Iceland

peace

No comments: